JOANN MOODY, PhD, JD
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT & DIVERSITY SPECIALIST
Dr. Moody has received leadership awards from:
- The nation-wide Compact for Faculty Diversity
- The Biomedical Science Careers Program, headquartered at Harvard
- The College Board, for her founding and directing of the regional
Excellence through Diversity Initiative (while she was vice president and legal counsel at the New England Board of Higher
Education in Boston).
Dr. Moody has extensive experience in administration and teaching:
- Vice President and Legal Counsel, New England Board of Higher
Education, Boston, MA.
Associate Professor of English (tenured), Lynchburg College,
Assistant Professor of English, Vanderbilt University, Nashville,
Dr. Moody’s academic degrees:
- J.D. Northeastern University Law School.
- Ph.D. (English Literature). University
of Minnesota (Woodrow Wilson Fellowship).
- B.A. (English). College of William and
Mary (Phi Beta Kappa, Honors).